Keep Lettings Simple
Search our site:

Frequently asked questions

I have a mortgage on my property. Do I need to do anything?

Yes. It is necessary to get your lenders permission before letting unless you have a buy to let mortgage. We always recommend you speak to your mortgage lender and they will advise you of any special terms and conditions.

Do I need to take out special insurance as a landlord?

Yes. If you are renting a property unfurnished then your building insurance policy will need to be appropiate for letting, the tenant is responsible for arranging their own content insurance unless you are letting the property furnished then you will be responsibile for this also. We will need to see a copy of your insurance prior to letting and can even arrange this on your behalf with a specialist insurer, often cheaper than many high street brands.

Do you have a minimum charge?

We charge a tenant find fee of £350 plus VAT (this includes your KIS rent guarantee policy) and from 5%* per month. *Terms and conditions apply

How can I access my account information?

With our bespoke management software we offer a landlord login so you can access your account online 24 hours per day 7 days per week. Many landlords find this very useful as they can access information regarding viewings, account balances to name a few at a touch of a button.

How do I make a claim for loss of rent or damage to my property?

We would put you in contact with a solicitor who would take the necessary legal action, as we secure our landlords property against the guarantors property. So far this has proved 100% successful either settling in or out of court.

How does the Online Portfolio Management work?

Your online service can be accessed from any internet connection by logging in to, your user name and password is unique to you so your personal details are secure.

This online landlord login will not only give you the facility to keep you informed of all aspects of the management of your properties but also allows us to offer a paper free environmentally friendly instant service with no need to rely on the postal service therefore minimising any delays.

By processing commission statements and other account information at the touch of a button it allows us to keep our costs to you far lower than our competitors, which enables you to achieve a higher rental yield on your investments and maximise your returns.

We also offer an online tour which will talk you though all the features of your login.

How quickly can you arrange maintenance work to take place?

Due to the strong relationships we have with local tradesmen we can arrange quotations within 12 hours and any urgent maintenance issues (particularly gas) can often be attended to the same day.

What do your Fees include?

Advertising and promotion, accompanied viewings, employer referencing, video property inventory, creating tenancy agreement, securing guarantors agreements, complaint and maintenance handling, chasing and collecting of rent.

What safety legislation do I need to comply with?

Although an electrical certificate is not legally required we do recommend your electrics are checked by a qualified electrician. By law you will require a landlords gas safety certificate (CP12) and again we can arrange these at a very competitive price of just £50 plus VAT.

The only other certificate that is required is an Energy Performace Certificate (EPC) we charge a competitive fee of £50 plus VAT this is valid for 10 years.

What type of tenancy will I have?

Your tenancy agreement, unless agreed otherwise, would normally be a six month assured short-hold agreement to give you the maximum amount of security as a Landlord.

What would my tenant be responsible for?

  • Paying the rent as and when agreed
  • Supplying a homeowner guarantor responsible for any rent arrears or damage caused during the tenancy
  • Unless an HMO or room share property tenant will be responsible for paying the council tax, gas, electric and water/sewage charges;
  • Taking proper care of the property

Who is responsible for repairs?

As a Landlord you are responsible for repairs, which you can carry out yourself or let us manage these on your behalf at no extra charge.

Is easy rent available for let only properties?

Easy rent is only available on fully managed properties.

What is the difference between Easy Rent and Rent Warranties advertised with your competitors?

Only Guarantees are regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

What is the minimum claim?

£150 is the minimum claim so for any arrears or damage.

What happens if my tenant moves out after 6 months and a new tenant needs to be found?

If there is a change of tenancy then a new policy will need to be taken but and will be included in the tenant find fee.

How soon is my rent paid in the event of a claim?

Rent is paid one month in arrears from the date the arrears first commenced.


See what landlords have to say about our excellent services.
See all - Go

Take the tour

Take a quick tour around the benefits of our unique portfolio managment tool.

*Minimum amount of properties apply
We are a member of
We are a member of PRS
Winner - Landlord and Letting Awards 2013-14